Accept that pain is a normal part of life …
A relationship break up, the death of your pet, failing an exam, being hurt by a friend. It means that you are human and not a machine – but how do you cope with the hurt and the pain?
1. Endure it. There are some things in life which you can’t just wish away. You have to be patient and allow yourself to heal. For example, if you break your arm you have to wear it in a cast; and if your heart is broken, you have to let it heal. You have to ride the roller coaster till your feelings stabilise.
2. Talk to someone. It’s natural to conclude that no-one understands and to want to repress, or to try and hide, the pain. But you need the compassion of those who truly care. Take the offer of help and get support from your friends.
3. Don’t allow other people to trivialise your feelings. Your feelings are real and should be treated with respect. And accepting how you feel will enable you to grieve, and to start to recover and to be yourself again.
4. Don’t allow yourself to fixate on your negative emotions. It is healthy to acknowledge how terrible you feel. But don’t allow the pity party to drag on for too long. Force yourself to go out, and to spend time with your friends. Get involved in other things, and maybe try out something new.
5. Don’t allow your pain define you. It may have been a trauma, and a terrible thing – but don’t let what happened determine what you’ll do, or who you will become, or how good your life will be. You win in life by choosing your own destiny.
6. Don’t play the blame game. Regardless of what happened, don’tindulge in blaming others – for that’s not going to help you to move on with your life. See it as a chance to learn, and gain some life experience. You have grown as a person and have better coping skills. Thus, it can serve to make you stronger, and wiser, in the end.
7. Put together a ‘Thankfulness List’. Make a list of all the things that you are thankful for today. It will speed up your recovery and change the way you feel.
via myriad-conscience-deactivated20 (originally onlinecounsellingcollege)
- tortleditz reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- positivity-and-advice reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- uhlehsuh likes this
- joanacs likes this
- magpiecake likes this
- citizenofgotham reblogged this from mylifewithsocialanxiety
- citizenofgotham likes this
- bringoutthesilence reblogged this from mylifewithsocialanxiety
- anxietysurvivor reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- b3nz3drina likes this
- smashleycrazy reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- brodytripp likes this
- astrokyon reblogged this from shylonelycat
- astrokyon likes this
- shylonelycat reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- guore likes this
- wrtujn likes this
- lovelifecoffee reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- shoutloveout reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- shoutloveout likes this
- alexander-reese reblogged this from gage-holt-escort and added:
- gage-holt-escort reblogged this from alexander-reese and added:
- perfectformelancholy likes this
- omniequal reblogged this from let-go-let-go
- paradox-nine reblogged this from president-cellphone
- yeahitscolestclair reblogged this from president-cellphone
- president-cellphone reblogged this from tisrobyn
- victim-sanctuary reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- compulsion-dexpression reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- roxiichan likes this
- lookbehindtheseams likes this
- drawsomething likes this
- currycarrot likes this
- dai-chan0429 reblogged this from believeinrecovery
- gabofgab reblogged this from pilosopogyno
- findingmywaythroughwonderland likes this
- slutsic reblogged this from illseeyouinthemirror
- illseeyouinthemirror reblogged this from daaaaaaavid
- hutch19601997 likes this
- breezyhgiahbrene reblogged this from daaaaaaavid
- perfectlymichie likes this
- daaaaaaavid reblogged this from findselflove
- blackorpheusontheshore reblogged this from gospels
- what-no-one-cares-to-fix reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege and added:
- neongolden likes this
- queen-jaimie likes this
- cologny reblogged this from gospels
- littlesweetdarling likes this
- daaaaaaavid likes this